Accounting Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) Study Accounting in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working in accounting and seeking professional
recognition,including tax agents, accounts managers and business analysts; and to employees performing a range of accounts management tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
At this level individuals are expected to apply theoretical and technical skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities.
They have autonomy in performing complex operations and can be responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating the work of others within broad but generally well-defined parameters.
The accounting services industry has grown over the past five years on the back of steady economic growth and increasing demand for industry-specific expertise. This makes it a solid choice that is likely to keep you gainfully employed from one financial year to the next.
This course meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents. *
Please note: TPB educational requirements for BAS Agents were put in place on the 1st of March 2012. Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
Benefits | Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Nationally-accredited course meeting the standards of the Association of Accounting Technicians
- Trained by experienced industry experts
- Fast-track your accounting career
- Earn credits towards a university degree
- Diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
- The course fulfils the educational requirements to become a BAS Agent
Start Dates and Pricing
Please contact us to enquire about the next start date of this course.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
Details | Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) CRICOS Course Code: 0100042 | Nominal Hours: 600
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognised course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217).
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting is recognised by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents.
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 8 subjects.
Units of Competency
Units of competency for the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) Unit Name Unit Code Core Units FNSACC624 Monitor corporate governance activities. FNSINC601 Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry. FNSINC602 Interpret and use financial statistics and tools.
Elective Units FNSACC605 Implement organisational improvement programs. FNSACC606 Conduct internal audit. FNSACC608 Evaluate organisation's financial performance. FNSORG602 Develop and manage financial systems. FNSRSK602 Determine and manage risk exposure strategies.
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change elective units at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Duration of the Advanced Diploma of Accounting is 28 weeks full-time.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
This style of delivery is based on competency rather than attendance, which suits students who are busy working and enjoying their life outside the college.
The following Prerequisites are required to enrol in this course.
- Completion of both FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set; or
- Completion of FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting; or
- Completion of FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current Gold Coast Learning Centre students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On successful completion of the Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217), students may choose to enrol in a range of other Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications and University courses, or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Advanced Diploma of Accounting include:
- BAS Agent
- Office Manager
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Manager
- Assistant Accountant
Recognition of Prior Learning
Related Pages & Resources