Business Certificate II in Business (BSB20115) Study Business in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast
The Certificate II in Business at Gold Coast Learning Centre develops a broad range of skills required in a professional business or office environment.
The course provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to secure an entry level position in the corporate world and contribute effectively to the successful running of a business.
Students develop sound underlying knowledge and skills in:
- Computer operation, writing routine business documents and record-keeping
- Professional customer service and effective business communication
- Workplace health and safety
- Working effectively with cultural and individual diversity
- Planning a work schedule and identifying opportunities for improvement
Benefits | Certificate II in Business
- Study a nationally accredited introductory business course, taught by industry experts
- Fast-track your career and improve your job prospects
- Suitable for domestic school leavers
- Diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Certificate II in Business courses start every Friday.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
Details | Certificate II in Business (BSB20115) CRICOS Course Code: 089755K | Nominal Hours: 320
The Certificate II in Business at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognised course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Certificate II in Business (BSB20115).
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 12 subjects.
Units of Competency
Units of competency for Certificate II in Business (BSB20115) Unit Name Unit Code Core Units Contribute to health and safety of self and others BSBWHS201 Elective Units Communicate electronically BSBITU203 Work effectively in a business environment BSBIND201 Contribute to workplace innovation BSBINN201 Deliver a service to customers BSBCUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices BSBSUS201 Process payroll BSBFIA302 Organise and complete daily work activities BSBWOR202 Handle mail BSBINM202 Produce simple word processed documents BSBITU201 Communicate in the workplace BSBCMM201 Use business technology BSBWOR204
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change elective units at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Duration of the Certificate II in Business is 26 weeks full-time, including 6 weeks of holidays/revision.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
This style of delivery is based on competency rather than attendance, which suits students who are busy working and enjoying their life outside the college.
There are no Prerequisite requirements for Domestic students.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current GCLC students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Certificate II in Business (BSB20115), students may choose to enrol in the Certificate III in Business Administration or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Certificate II in Business include:
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Junior
Recognition of Prior Learning
Related Pages & Resources