Business Diploma of Business (BSB50215) Study Business in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast
The Diploma of Business at Gold Coast Learning Centre develops the practical business and management skills required to effectively market a brand, manage projects strategically and become a valued business professional.
Taught by experienced industry experts, this course extends your business and management knowledge with practical skills, including:
- Developing effective strategies to market your brand
- Strategic marketing of projects by identifying and evaluating opportunities
- Implementing, monitoring and assessing marketing projects and activities
- Designing and implementing strategies to improve customer service and enhance effective communication and messaging
Benefits | Diploma of Business
- Study a nationally accredited business course, taught by experienced industry experts
- Improve your career prospects with more advanced skills
- Credit transfer to University
- Suitable for domestic school leavers
- Diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Please contact us to enquire about the next start date of this course.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
Details | Diploma of Business (BSB50215) CRICOS Course Code: 087269C | Nominal Hours: 430
The Diploma of Business at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognised course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
The Diploma of Business suits executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators wanting to upgrade their skills and knowledge.
This qualification is also suitable for individuals with limited vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge they would like to further develop.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Diploma of Business (BSB50215).
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 8 subjects.
Units of Competency
Units of competency for the Diploma of Business (BSB50215) Elective Units Unit Name Unit Code Manage Meetings BSBADM502 Manage payroll BSBFIM502 Manage human resource services BSBHRM501 Develop and use emotional intelligence BSBLDR511 Manage risk BSBRSK501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability BSBSUS501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development BSBWOR501 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements FNSTPB401
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change elective units at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Study Skills Program
Skill Program Week / Time English Language Help Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursday,
Peer-Assisted Learning Sessions Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:30 - 3:30pm
Writing Reports, Paraphrasing, and Referencing Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:00am- 3:30pm
Microsoft Excel Basics Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays, 11:00am- 3:30pm
Microsoft Word Basics Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Fridays, 11:00am - 3:30pm
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change study skills program dates at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Duration of the Diploma of Business is 30 weeks full-time, including scheduled weeks of holidays/revision.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
Those who wish to undertake their studies on a part-time basis are encouraged to contact Gold Coast Learning Centre for individual training plans (Not applicable to students on a Student Visa).
Domestic students applying for direct entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses must have completed either:
- A minimum of Year 12 schooling, or equivalent; or
- Be a mature age student (20 years of age and above) with relevant work experience
Domestic students who do not meet these requirements are permitted to study a certificate level course prior to enrolment in the Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current GCLC students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Diploma of Business, students may choose to enrol in the Advanced Diploma of Business or a range of other Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications and/or University courses.
Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma of Business include:
- Executive Officer
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
Recognition of Prior Learning