Business Diploma of Business (BSB50215) Study Business in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast
The Diploma of Business at Gold Coast Learning Centre develops the practical business and management skills required to effectively market a brand, manage projects strategically and become a valued business professional.
Taught by experienced industry experts, this course extends your business and management knowledge with practical skills, including:
- Developing effective strategies to market your brand
- Strategic marketing of projects by identifying and evaluating opportunities
- Implementing, monitoring and assessing marketing projects and activities
- Designing and implementing strategies to improve customer service and enhance effective communication and messaging
Benefits | Diploma of Business
- Study a nationally accredited business course, taught by experienced industry experts
- Improve your career prospects with more advanced skills
- Credit transfer to University
- Suitable for domestic school leavers
- Diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Diploma of Business courses start every Tuesday.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
Details | Diploma of Business (BSB50215) CRICOS Course Code: 087269C | Nominal Hours: 430
The Diploma of Business at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognised course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
The Diploma of Business suits executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators wanting to upgrade their skills and knowledge.
This qualification is also suitable for individuals with limited vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge they would like to further develop.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Diploma of Business (BSB50215).
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 8 subjects.
Units of Competency
Units of competency for the Diploma of Business (BSB50215) Unit Name Unit Code Elective Units Manage personal work priorities and professional development BSBWOR501 Manage workforce planning BSBHRM513 Plan and implement administrative systems BSBADM504 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities BSBMKG501 Implement and monitor marketing activities BSBMKG514 Investigate and design e-business solutions BSBEBU501 Develop and use emotional intelligence BSBLDR501 Manage Risk BSBRSK501
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change elective units at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Duration of the Diploma of Business is 30 weeks full-time, including 6 weeks of holidays/revision.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
This style of delivery is based on competency rather than attendance, which suits students who are busy working and enjoying their life outside the college.
Domestic students applying for direct entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses must have completed either:
- A minimum of Year 12 schooling, or equivalent; or
- Be a mature age student (20 years of age and above) with relevant work experience
Domestic students who do not meet these requirements are permitted to study a certificate level course prior to enrolment in the Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current GCLC students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Diploma of Business, students may choose to enrol in the Advanced Diploma of Business or a range of other Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications and/or University courses.
Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma of Business include:
- Executive Officer
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
Recognition of Prior Learning
Related Pages & Resources