Student Discipline Policy
Student Discipline Policy
This policy is designed to provide guidelines for the management of student discipline at GCLC.
GCLCs VET administrator and Manager, are responsible for the control and implementation of this policy and procedure.
Academic and General Misconduct
GCLC will be vigilant in the management of student misconduct. For the purposes of this policy, a breach of conduct is defined as either academic or general misconduct.
Academic Misconduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Any other conduct by which a student seeks to gain for themselves, or any other person, any academic advantage or advancement to which they, or that other person, is not entitled.
Academic Misconduct is dealt with under the Plagiarism and Cheating Policy and Procedure. Please refer to this document for further information.
General Misconduct includes, but is not limited to:
- persistent disruptive behaviour
- behaviour which is lewd or obscene
- taking photographs or filming other participants or staff without their permission (including posting on Facebook and other social media without permission)
- use of mobile telephones and iPods during classroom or workshop activities behaviour that constitutes discrimination, victimisation or harassment
- attending GCLC’s premises under the influence of alcohol and/or non-prescription drugs o consuming alcohol or non-prescription drugs at GCLC’s premises
- smoking on GCLC’s premises outside designated smoking areas
- verbal abuse
- physical assault on a member of GCLC, fellow students or members of the public
- any behaviour that causes a person on or in the immediate vicinity of GCLC’s premises to hold reasonable fears for their safety or physical or psychological wellbeing
- any behaviour that causes a person on or in the immediate vicinity of GCLC premises to feel intimidated, threatened or in fear of being attacked
- abuse and misuse of tools and equipment
- wilful or malicious damage or destruction of facilities, equipment, materials or property on GCLC premises, regardless whether it is GCLC property or private property
- theft of property on GCLC premises, regardless whether it is GCLC property or private property
- carrying, using or being in possession of a prescribed or regulated weapon or dangerous article
- wilfully activating fire or security alarms
- engaging in behaviour, or failing to follow instructions, which results in themselves or other persons being put at risk of harm
- failing to follow the reasonable direction or instruction of GCLC staff or other person in supervision
- failing to follow road traffic laws when on, or leaving GCLC premises
- encouraging, persuading or inciting another person to engage in improper or inappropriate conduct
- failing to comply with GCLC policies and procedures Students witnessing breaches of conduct are encouraged to report these to a GCLC representative.
Related Pages & Resources
- All Post