Version Control Policy
Version Control Policy
The purpose of this is maintaining a version control procedure is to define the system used to:
- assure the integrity, accuracy and currency of all documents used by the College
- Ensure that documents are approved by the appropriate personnel before becoming active
- Ensure replaced documents are archived for continuous improvement records
- Ensure all stakeholders are using current documentation
- Maintain a version history of the documents at all times
- Maintain registers of documents that relate to the Scope of Registration
- Manage recordkeeping requirements for students as required by the VET Quality Framework
The Administration team is responsible for the implementation of this procedure and to ensure that all staff members are aware of its application and that staff implement its requirements.
- Records maintained by the College support the continuous improvement of its operations and provide evidence of compliance with the VET Quality Framework.
- The College uses a systematic approach that ensures it maintains all records relevant to its operations as a College, including the continuous improvement of its operations.
- Records are systematically managed.
- Records of demonstrating compliance with the VET quality Framework are maintained.
- Staff meet their responsibilities for records management.
- The effectiveness of records management is monitored and reviewed.
- The continuous improvement of record management system is demonstrated.
Types of Documents for version control
the following documents need to be maintained as part of Version Control Procedure:
- Applications and all Forms.
- All College Policies and Procedures
- All agreements related to students, college and agents, Sample Letter, Formats, and Certificates, staff documents such as position descriptions.
Version Control Process
- Documents are reviewed, amended by College staff. Documents must be created and amended by appropriate personnel in compliance with relevant legislation and be suitable for their intended purpose
- Numbering version control
- When a new document is under development it should have version 0.1, 0.2, 0.3,
- When it is at a point where it is ready to be presented to students this should be regarded as the final version and should change to version 1.
- Any further minor changes to the manual should have version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.
- If a major change is done on the manual, it should be changed to 2, 3,4, etc.
- Version control numbering is shown by the way the document is saved if it has been changed.
- Ensure to save the document with the filename and the version number at the end of the filename (e.g. Student Manual_v1.1).
- Responsible parties (All staff involved in the creation, review and modification of a document)
- All documents that are being reviewed must be marked with a document number. Upon updating the version of the reviewed document, the version number too needs to be updated in the document itself.
- The reviewed documents are then approved by the Chief Executive Officer who ensures that Administration team undertakes whatever consultation and checking they consider advisable on a case-by-case basis. Once all checking has been completed the document must be approved by the Chief Executive Officer who enters their name in the “Approved by” field in the Version Control Register.
- Upon approval, and electronic version of the document is then passed to administration team for Version Control processing and publishing.
- The administration team updates the version control register for version number, date of version change/review, and notes the actual change/review done in a specific document.
- The administration Manager must only accept documents into the Version Control system that have been checked by relevant staff and approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
- The administration Manager must check and, if necessary, update the following information in the Version Control Register:
- Document title
- Version number
- Document changes
- Checked by
- Approved by
- Published date
- A protected electronic version of the document is then placed relevantly marked folders on the College network in PDF format. The location of the updated PDF documents is then hyper-linked in the Version Control Register for easy access by staff members for viewing and printing.
- Electronic versions of the replaced documents are then placed in the archived documents folder.
- The Administration team then ensures that the college staff members are made aware of the new version by the means of an email. The reviewed document information is shared at the monthly staff meetings as well.
The approved footer for all GCLC files is:
|Document Date:||00/00/0000||Document Version||0000||Form Number: 000|
|Document Owner:||DOCUMENT OWNER||File Name/Location:||FILE LOCATION||Page 0 of 0|
Related Pages & Resources
- All Post