Policies and Procedures Staff Capability, recruitment, induction and review Staff Capability, recruitment, induction and review Policy | Gold Coast Learning Centre
To ensure compliance with standard one of RTOs-2015 Standards
GCLC will ensure the following:
- position requirements are accurately documented and appropriately classified, taking into account the functions and responsibilities of each role;
- appropriate screening processes are adopted in the employment and promotion of staff;
- staff members meet the goals and objectives of the position they have been employed to undertake and are the best organisational fit;
- a range of staff orientation and induction programs are offered to acclimatise new staff to their working environment, and the organisation’s values and priorities;
- recruitment, selection and appointment practices reflect the college’s strategic and operational objectives and have regard to equity and fairness;
- compliance with relevant legislation and obligations.
GCLC has adequate education resources, including facilities, equipment, learning and library resources and premises as required by NEAS and AQTF requirements applying to the courses. The premises of GCLC, including the floor space available for each student, support students to achieve their course outcomes.
GCLC must notify the designated authority and the students enrolled with the registered provider of any intention to relocate premises (including the head office and campus locations) at least 20 working days before the relocation.
GCLC has comprehensive policies and procedures, as required by NEAS and AQTF requirements, on the appointment, qualifications and promotion of GCLC staff. These are located in the GCLC staff induction booklet. The staff induction booklet is provided to all new staff.
Teachers for ELICOS Courses
All prospective ESL teaching staff will have:
- A recognised degree or equivalent or a recognised TESOL qualification; or
- A recognised degree or equivalent and a teaching qualification with TESOL method; or
- A recognised degree in education with TESOL method.
Procedures for recruitment of ESL staff
Qualifications should be submitted through an application form. The selection process has four (4) steps:
- Submission of application form, with enclosed CV and certified copies of certificates/
- Interview with Manager.
- Invitation for teacher to observe a senior teacher and subsequently teach a model class while observed by the Manager.
- Invitation to join the Gold Coast Learning Centre staff.
Upon joining the GCLC staff, the teacher must present originals of his/her certificates and sign a contract. The next step is an induction meeting with the Manager during which the teacher will receive the induction booklet.
Trainer and Assessor for VET Courses
All Trainer and Assessor staff will have the appropriate qualifications and experience to deliver training and assessment relevant to the training products and services being offered.
Gold Coast Learning Centre qualifications are only delivered only by persons who have:
- vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed
- current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided
- current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning that informs their training and assessment.
All Trainer and Assessors at Gold Coast Learning will have the following credentials
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units: either TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A, and either TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B
- A diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
- Assessment may be undertaken by a person who holds one of the above credentials or the TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set or both the TAESS00001 Assessor Skill Set and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools.
If a trainer and assessor employed by GCLC does not hold the required credentials will be working under supervision.
Anyone working under supervision is required to have:
- • one of the skill sets identified in Item 6 of Schedule 1 of the Standards
- • current industry skills directly relevant to the training and/or assessment provided
- • vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and/or assessed.
- Trainers and Assessors will complete a Trainer Profile to map their current skills and knowledge to the units of competencies delivered by GCLC.
- Trainers and Assessors will submit a verified copy of their qualifications and credentials.
- Trainers and Assessors will submit a copy of their resume and professional development history to insure industry currency.
- Where a trainer and assessor doesn’t have the exact vocational qualification, they are delivering but considered to be competent to deliver the qualification by GCLC manager, GCLC will
- enrol the trainer and assessor in the qualification to ensure all skills and knowledge gaps are covered
- recruit an internal/ external assessor to mark the assessments.
Where training qualifications are insufficient, the trainer will be under direct supervision of a qualified trainer/assessor.
The direct supervision of a Trainer/Assessor Procedure requires:
- The trainer to hold as a minimum, the level of qualification in which they are training and have appropriate vocational experience;
- The trainer to undergo staff induction;
- The trainer to attend a quarterly meeting if under supervision;
- The trainer is to participate in moderation and validation of the training program on an annual basis;
- The trainer is to utilise GCLC developed session plans and assessment tools.
Administration, Marketing, Student Services staff and Education Full Time staff
- For general staff positions, GCLC encourages managers to consider opportunities for using a vacancy as a career development opportunity for existing staff members through options including internal-only competitive selection or lateral transfer.
- For the appointment of Management staff, the procedure will be as determined by the Directors from time-to-time.
- For the appointment of senior executive managers, i.e. Manager, Academic Manager Etc the procedure will as determined by the Director.
- Applicants must meet all the essential selection criteria to be eligible for appointment. Appointment will be based on merit in relation to selection job criteria. Applications are assessed as part of the short listing process.
- All formal interview schedules include times for selection panel organisation and decision making, prior to and subsequent to interviews.
- Within any one selection process, all interviews have a similar structure, and each applicant is given reasonable and equitable opportunity to respond to similar areas of questioning, and to establish their claims against the selection criteria.
- Questions about personal circumstances are not asked unless they are directly relevant to the job requirements and their relevance is explained at the outset. Such questions are normally asked of all applicants.
- At least one confidential referee’s report (either verbal or written) must be obtained to confirm the suitability of the recommended applicant before a recommendation to appoint is made by the Director. The Director will seek an applicant’s consent to contact a referee other than one nominated in the application.
- A final decision to appoint, based on the selection criteria, will be made by the Director or delegated staff member.
All staff will undergo staff induction which includes an introduction to the policies and procedures for GCLC and job descriptions, the requirements of them as GCLC staff/teachers/trainers/assessors and the GCLC training and assessment strategies for the qualifications which they will be teaching.
A staff induction will be conducted with each new staff member and an induction checklist completed by GCLC manager.
For VET trainer and ELICOS teacher induction booklet, look at G:FORMS\EMPLOYEE
Staff files will be kept at the ELICOS/RTO/Staff Registry and will include:
- Copies of Vocational and/or Training Qualifications;
- Current signed resume;
- Staff Induction checklist;
- Vocational and/or Training Experience mapped against units of competency;
- Professional development activities undertaken;
- Resumes will be updated annually. All copies of staff qualifications or similar documents held on file will be correctly verified.
Assessment of Staff Procedure
- A yearly feedback session will be held. For teachers and trainers, the Academic Manager will review teacher performance and set objectives for the following year. For Administration, Marketing, Student Services staff and Education Full Time staff, the Director will review their performance and set objectives for the following year.
- This feedback session focuses on continuous performance improvement.
- Its objective is to keep staff reflecting on their performance on different levels: teaching, adherence to centre’s values, attitude, resource contributions and client satisfaction.
- A copy of this feedback form is provided with the induction booklet.
- The Manager will go through the induction booklet with the new teacher, making sure to clear any doubts or questions. The Manager will go through the induction booklet with the new trainers. The Director will go through the induction booklet with other staff.
- All staff will have current and up-to-date job descriptions.
- Positions are reviewed and job descriptions are updated when they become vacant.