Policies and Procedures Certification and USI Certification and USI Policy | Gold Coast Learning Centre
Standard 3: The RTO issues, maintains and accepts AQF certification documentation in accordance with these Standards and provides access to learner records.
Gold Coast Learning Centre ensures that it adheres to the obligations of issuing and maintaining certification documentation and the obtaining, verification and maintaining of USI numbers in line with the requirements of the National VET Regulator, ASQA as outlined in the Australian Quality Framework (AQF). The college RTO will issue, maintain and accept AQF certification documentation for students.
The RTO will assist students to apply, or verify the student provided USI on the USI website following the procedure.
The manager of the RTO is ultimately responsive for ensuring that the college RTO complies with the VQF.
To avoid possible delays in issuing certification, GCLC has processes in place to verify a student’s Unique Student Identifier (USI) well in advance of when certification is expected to be issued.
The college RTO is only required to issue AQF certification documentation when a student has completed their program of training and assessment and has a verified USI.
Issuing AQF Qualifications
GCLC will include the following information on the testamur, in addition to the requirements of the AQF Qualifications Issuance Policy:
- The name, RTO code and logo of the issuing organisation.
- The code and title of the awarded AQF qualification.
- The NRT Logo in accordance with the current conditions of use contained in Schedule 5.
The following elements are to be included on the testamur as applicable:
- The State/Territory Training Authority logo (only where use of the logo is directed by State/Territory Training Authorities, e.g. within User Choice contracts).
- The industry descriptor, e.g. Business.
Where relevant, the words, ‘these units/modules have been delivered and assessed in
Gold Coast Learning Centre will not include the learner’s Student Identifier on the testamur consistent with the Student Identifiers Act 2014.
The college RTO will:
- Retain registers of AQF qualifications they are authorised to issue and of all AQF qualifications issued.
- Retain records of AQF certification documentation issued for a period of 30 years.
- Provide reports of Records of qualifications issued to its VET Regulator on a regular basis as determined by the VET Regulator.
- Issue VET certification within 30 calendar days of the student being assessed and meeting the requirements of the program.
Issuing Statements of Attainment
Gold Coast Learning Centre will include the following information on a statement of attainment:
- The name, RTO Code and logo of the issuing organisation.
- A list of units of competency (or modules where no units of competency exist) showing their full title and the national code for each unit of competency.
- The authorised signatory.
- The NRT Logo.
- The words ‘A statement of attainment is issued by a Registered Training Organisation when an individual has completed one or more accredited units’.
The following elements are to be included on the statement of attainment as applicable:
- The State/Territory Training Authority logo (only where use of the logo is directed by State/Territory Training Authorities).
- The words ‘These competencies form part of [code and title of qualification(s)/course(s)]’.
- The words, ‘These competencies were attained in completion of [code] course in [full title]’.
- Where relevant, the words, ‘these units / modules have been delivered and assessed in
’ followed by a listing of the relevant units/modules.
The college RTO must not include the learner’s Student Identifier on the statement of attainment consistent with the Student Identifiers Act 2014.
The college RTO will:
- Maintain registers of all statements of attainments issued.
- Retain records of statements of attainment issued for a period of 30 years.
- Provide reports of its records of statements of attainment issued to its VET Regulator on a regular basis, as determined by the VET Regulator.
- The Trainer and Assessor will produce a Completion Form for students who have completed their course, exited the qualification early or left the College.
- The Completion form will indicate any completed or partially completed qualifications.
- The Trainer and Assessor will forward the form to the VET Administration Officer who will complete the required qualification and/or statement of attainment.
- The VET Administration Officer will produce the qualification and issue directly to the student, via the Teacher, or post to the student if they have left the College as per their address in the student file.
- Copies of issued qualifications are kept in the students file in the main office.
- Details of the issued qualification and/or statement of attainment are placed on the register AQF Qualifications Issued Register.
Collect the USI
The process to collect a USI from a student who has created their own USI is as follows.
Ask the student for their:
- USI number.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Date of birth.
- Place of birth.
Important: The details the student provides MUST match the details shown on the form of ID used to create a USI. These details are forwarded onto the Enrolments Administration for verification.
Verify the USI
The Admin team will verify that the USI provided is correct through Wisenet. USI Status and Verification details are recorded in the student record on Wisenet.
Report the USI
Once the USI is verified as valid, the College RTO will then use this USI when reporting to the National Data Collection.
USI numbers are collected and stored against the student’s name on a spreadsheet used by the Admin team.