Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618) Study Human Resources in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast
The Diploma of Human Resources Management at GCLC helps you develop your skills and fast-track a senior role in Human Resources.
This course provides the knowledge and managerial skills you need to maximise employee performance in service of an employer’s strategic objectives and ensure that Human Resources functions are conducted effectively.
It is a comprehensive introduction to Human Resource Management, taking a strategic approach to employee management to help your organisation gain a competitive advantage. It develops essential skills and knowledge, including:
- Compensation and benefits
- Staffing, recruitment and selection
- Labour relations
- Training and Development
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Planning, mediation and arbitration
- Industrial relations and recruitment
- Influence of government legislation on industry
- Human rights legislation and employment equity
Typically, candidates would have responsibility for the work of other staff.
However, this qualification is also suitable for individuals with limited vocational experience, but who possess a sound theoretical knowledge of Human Resources they would like to further develop.
Benefits | Diploma of Human Resources Management
- Study a nationally accredited Human Resources course, taught by experienced industry experts
- Fast-track a leadership role or senior position in Human Resources
- Build your skills and take your career a step further
- Learn to manage important systems, processes, recruitment and planning
- Suitable for domestic school leavers
- Diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Please contact us to enquire about the next start date of this course.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
Details | Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618) CRICOS Course Code: 098656E | Nominal Hours: 430
The Diploma of Human Resources Management at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognised course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the nationally accredited Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618).
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 9 Units.
Units of Competency
Units of competency for the Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50615) Unit Name Unit Code Core Units Manage human resources services BSBHRM501 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes BSBHRM506 Develop and manage performance management processes BSBHRM512 Manage workforce planning BSBHRM513 Manage employee relations BSBWRK520 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements BSBWHS401 Elective Units Manage people performance BSBMGT502 Manage mediation processes BSBHRM510 Manage human resources management information systems BSBHRM502
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change elective units at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Study Skills Program
Skill Program Week / Time English Language Help Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursday,
Peer-Assisted Learning Sessions Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:30 - 3:30pm
Writing Reports, Paraphrasing, and Referencing Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:00am- 3:30pm
Microsoft Excel Basics Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays, 11:00am- 3:30pm
Microsoft Word Basics Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Fridays, 11:00am - 3:30pm
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change study skills program dates at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Duration of the Diploma of Human Resources Management is 40 weeks full-time, including scheduled weeks of holidays/revision.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
Those who wish to undertake their studies on a part-time basis are encouraged to contact Gold Coast Learning Centre for individual training plans (Not applicable to students on a Student Visa).
Domestic students applying for direct entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses must have completed either:
- A minimum of Year 12 schooling, or equivalent; or
- Be a mature age student (20 years of age and above) with relevant work experience
Domestic students who do not meet these requirements are permitted to study a certificate level course prior to enrolment in the Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current GCLC students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Diploma of Human Resources Management, students may choose to enrol in other Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications, or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma of Human Resources Management include:
- Human resources adviser
- Human resources and change manager
- Human resources consultant
- Human resources manager
- Senior human resources officer
Recognition of Prior Learning