Management Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) Study Leadership and Management in Surfers Paradise
The Diploma of Leadership and Management at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a flexible, practical and effective course, designed to develop and enhance your leadership and management skills.
This government-accredited qualification combines a sound knowledge base with the skills you need to provide leadership and direction to others and to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work and the work of a team.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management develops the skills you need to apply knowledge, practical leadership and management skills and experience across a range of enterprise and industry contexts, including:
- Applying a broad range of managerial skills using discretion and judgement
- Planning and monitoring your workload and workload of others
- Showing leadership and promoting innovation
- Developing communication skills to support individuals and teams
- Managing strategies for improved customer service
- Managing meetings, work priorities and professional development
- Managing operational plans and ensuring a safe workplace
Benefits | Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Study a nationally accredited management course, taught by experienced industry experts
- Upgrade your leadership skills and strategies
- Fast-track into University with credit transfers
- Suitable for domestic school leavers
- This qualification is available as an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- Diverse mix of international and domestic students
- Interest free and flexible payment plans available
- Free literacy and English support available for all students
- Flexible learning options including online and face to face
Start Dates and Pricing
Please contact us to enquire about the next start date of this course.
Contact us today for current prices and to reserve your seat.
Details | Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) CRICOS Course Code: 091234F | Nominal Hours: 430
The Diploma of Leadership and Management at Gold Coast Learning Centre is a government-accredited and nationally recognised course, developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Graduates receive the Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918).
Successful completion of this qualification requires a grade of C (competent) in all 12 subjects.
Units of Competency
Units of competency for the Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) Unit Name Unit Code Core Units Develop and use emotional intelligence BSBLDR511 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships BSBLDR502 Manage operational plan BSBMGT517 Lead and manage team effectiveness BSBWOR502 Elective Units Manage meetings BSBADM502 Manage risk BSBRSK501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development BSBWOR501 Manage people performance BSBMGT502 Communicate with influence BSBLDR513 Manage quality customer service BSBCUS501 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff BSBHRM405 Manage employee relations BSBWRK520
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change elective units at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Study Skills Program
Skill Program Week / Time English Language Help Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursday,
Peer-Assisted Learning Sessions Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:30 - 3:30pm
Writing Reports, Paraphrasing, and Referencing Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:00am- 3:30pm
Microsoft Excel Basics Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Wednesdays, 11:00am- 3:30pm
Microsoft Word Basics Weeks 1-12 for each full study period
Fridays, 11:00am - 3:30pm
Please Note: Gold Coast Learning Centre reserves the right to change study skills program dates at any time to meet the needs of learners and changing industry trends
Duration of the Diploma of Leadership and Management is 45 weeks full-time, including scheduled weeks of holidays/revision.
This qualification may also be fast tracked.
Students can complete all units in their own time with assessment measuring performance.
Those who wish to undertake their studies on a part-time basis are encouraged to contact Gold Coast Learning Centre for individual training plans (Not applicable to students on a Student Visa).
Domestic students applying for direct entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses must have completed either:
- A minimum of Year 12 schooling, or equivalent; or
- Be a mature age student (20 years of age and above) with relevant work experience
Domestic students who do not meet these requirements are permitted to study a certificate level course prior to enrolment in the Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
International students must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- Current GCLC students assessed at Intermediate level or higher;
- The equivalent of Australian Secondary School Grade 10 English;
- English proficiency level requirement of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Or at the discretion of the Academic Management of Gold Coast Learning Centre.
On completion of the Diploma of Leadership and Management, students may choose to enrol in the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, Diploma of Business or a range of other qualifications and University courses, or enjoy working in this field.
Possible job titles relevant to the Diploma of Leadership and Management include:
- Business Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Sales Team Manager
- Team leader
- Project Manager
- Business Administrator
Recognition of Prior Learning
The Diploma of Leadership and Management suits individuals who manage the work of others in any organisational setting. They will typically have considerable experience in their respective industries or vocational areas and may also be responsible for reviewing or improving management practices.
Additionally, they may provide technical advice, guidance and support to a team.
This qualification is also suited to individuals with limited vocational experience but who possess sound management skills and knowledge they would like to further develop.
Related Pages & Resources