Refund Policy and Procedures
Gold Coast Learning Centre (GCLC) has a fair and equitable refund policy and procedure that is compliant with ASQA and ESOS requirements. This policy is provided to students prior to any contract being signed or prior to any payment of the course, whichever happens first.
GCLC has implemented policies and procedures to ensure students are protected by the provisions of the ESOS Act 2000 and by the ESOS Regulations 2001. The Refund Policy and Procedures are made available to students through our website, Pre-Information booklet and Student booklet.
All refund applications require the submission of a completed Refund Request Form and a completed Cancellation of Course Form, along with relevant supporting evidence from any student requesting a refund. The completed forms must be submitted to the Manager by email, post or in person.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By post to PO Box 567, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Any request for a refund received is then assessed by management for eligibility.
- All requests for cancellation and refund must be made in writing as outlined above in Clause 1
- All applications for Cancellation of enrolment are subject to a $250 Course Cancellation fee
- Any students who voluntarily cancel and withdraw, or are dismissed due to breach of conditions, with outstanding payments on their payment plans will be required to pay the remainder of fees for the course they are currently studying plus the $250 cancellation fee. Failure to comply with these terms may result in the refusal to provide a release letter or cancellation of current CoE(s) until these conditions are met.
- Any student who enrols in multiple courses, bundles or packages to achieve a discount, and then cancels their enrolment in the multiple courses, bundles or packages early, will forfeit any discount originally extended to them and will be charged at the full retail prices, regardless of any current promotions that may be on offer at the time.
Any payments already received will be applied to any courses already studied first and at the full retail price. The student will also be required to pay the difference owing (gap) if any, between the fees collected and the full retail price of the fees for the courses they have already studied and are currently studying plus the $250 cancellation fee.
- Bank fees and charges will be deducted from any refunds made to overseas bank accounts by electronic transfer or bank draft
- Some fees are non-refundable. These include various application and cancellation fees, enrolment fees, material fees, payment plan fees, late fees, telegraphic transfer fees and may also include other non-tuition fees as updated from time-to-time
- All refunds will be paid to the person who has entered into the contract with GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE, unless the person gives a written direction to pay the refund to someone else
- Refunds will be processed and paid within four (4) weeks of the receipt of the written notification
- Refunds will be made either by bank transfer to an Australian bank account, by overseas telegraphic transfer or in the form of a cheque in Australian Dollars (AUD). Refund cheques will be posted to the nominated address, or made available for collection from the Student Services team on Campus
- For International Students, refunds will not be granted if the Department of Home Affairs has excluded the student from continuing his or her studies
- In all cases where a student is suspended, excluded or expelled due to non-compliance with the school rules or Code of Conduct no monies will be refunded unless GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE is required to do so by law
Exceptional circumstances fee refunds
- The Manager may assess and deem that exceptional circumstances apply in some cases. Exceptional circumstance fee refunds are wholly at the discretion of the Manager of GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE and must be supported by any/all relevant documentary evidence and be in English. For example: An original medical certificate or death certificate
- Should a student become seriously ill or be required to return home due to exceptional circumstances of a compassionate nature, such as the death or severe illness of an immediate family, and can no longer continue their study within the foreseeable future, GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE may refund the balance of unused tuition fees and accommodation fees. Requests for such a refund must be made in writing to the Manager
- The student has a legitimate complaint against GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE that can be substantiated under the Consumer Protection Laws of the Commonwealth of Australia or the State of Queensland
- In the unlikely event that GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE is unable to deliver a course in full, and at the discretion and preference of the student, GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE will either:
- Offer the student a full refund of all the course money paid to date, and paid in full within 4 weeks of the day on which the course ceases to be provided; or
- Offer the student enrolment in an alternative course provided by GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE at no extra cost. If the student chooses placement in another course, appropriate admissions documentation will need to be signed by the student to indicate acceptance of a new enrolment
- For International Students who have paid fees in advance, if GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE is unable to provide a refund or place the student in an alternative course, the TPS (Tuition Protection Services – ESOS) will place the student in a suitable alternative course at no extra cost.
If TPS cannot place the student in a suitable alternative course, the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager will attempt to place the student in a suitable alternative course or, if this is not possible, the student will be eligible for a refund as calculated by the Fund ManagerThe Tuition Protection Service is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. The TPS ensures that international students are able to either:
- Complete their studies in another course or with another education provider; or
- Receive a refund of their unspent tuition fees.
The refund amount payable by GOLD COAST LEARNING CENTRE is as follows:
If written cancellation of the enrolment is received four (4) or more weeks prior to the commencement date of the program of study – 50% of tuition fees, 0% of non-tuition chargeable fees will be refunded. (Excluding withdrawal due to visa refusal)
If written cancellation of the enrolment is received less than four (4) weeks prior to or on the commencement date of the program of study – 30% of refundable fees, 0% of non-tuition chargeable fees will be refunded. (Excluding withdrawal due to visa refusal)
If written cancellation of the enrolment is received after the commencement date of the program of study, the student is dismissed or expelled, or is in breach of GCLC Code of Conduct conditions or Australian State or Federal Government Laws and Regulations – No refund of any fees. (Excluding withdrawal due to visa refusal)
- If a student’s visa application to study in Australia is declined, resulting in the student’s inability to participate in the enrolled course or a portion of it for which they have already paid fees, the prescribed procedure must be adhered to in all instances:
- The written notification must be submitted, by email or in person, by using GCLC’s official Cancellation and Refund forms available online.
- In all such cases, the student and/or their representative requesting the refund must supply the full and official notification of rejection from the relevant department of the Australian government for the refund to be approved.
- Once the above-required documents are submitted the refund will be processed in accordance with:
- If a student’s visa is refused and the written cancellation is received before the course commencement date, a full refund of course fees will be granted less an administrative fee of no more than 5% or $500 (whichever is the lesser amount).
- If a student’s visa is refused and the written cancellation is received after the course commencement, a refund will be provided for the unspent portion of the paid tuition fees.
- Please note: In the case of an agreed course start date deferment, the refund policy relates directly to the new agreed start date
Related Pages & Resources
- All Post